Tuesday, February 23, 2010

...I Read a Book

I love reading. It's definitely in my top five of favorite things to do. But I am a weird reader. (Yes- there are different types of readers.) There are fast readers, slow readers, impatient readers, antsy readers, indifferent readers, etc. I would categorize myself as a fast, weird and impatient reader. What I mean is this: when I read a book I HAVE to finish it. I can't stand to just read a few pages here and there. And if I can tell something exciting is about to happen I HAVE to get to the exciting part. Even if it means reading six more chapters to get to it.

It is for this reason that I simultaneously love and hate reading. I become this insane voracious person who can't get enough of the fantastical world the author has created. I need to know what is going to happen! This is also the reason why I never ever ever read books during my semesters at college. If I start a book you can be sure there will be no studying or homework done well (or done at all) until the book is finished. I stayed up until ungodly hours of the night reading just because I knew I had to finish before I could start a paper. It's ridiculous. I'm ridiculous. I know.

So, due to my OCD with reading, I've stopped reading. Strange, isn't it? My love for reading is actually the thing that is keeping me from it. It's a sad life I lead. BUT, I recently finished a book. It was glorious and I've decided I cannot hide my love any longer. It's time. Time to pick up the four other books I started reading a few months ago and finish them. I can sacrifice a little sleep for that right? So if you see me and I look slightly disheveled and smell a little funny, please be kind. It's only because I haven't slept or showered in a couple days. But hey- don't blame me! It was the books.

3 comments:

  1. I can't resist even though I should during school. You know this... And you never smell funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your crazy nights! But I wish I had time to get lost in books these days.

    ReplyDelete