Wednesday, May 19, 2010

...It Was the Fifth of May

Also known as Cinco de Mayo. Since the majority of my days are spent hanging out with people under the age of 7, I decided to do something fun to celebrate. Mainly this just meant that I would make Mexican food for dinner. Easy, quick, and cheap. Perfect way to celebrate a pseudo-holiday.

I decided to recruit my niece Tori to help me with dinner. Unfortunately I started to do my makeup while talking to her about this awesome Mexican meal. I say 'unfortunately' because I forgot that I absolutely cannot do my makeup in front of the kids without being offered some help. Usually, being the sucker that I am, I give in and let the girls do my makeup. So naturally Tori offers and I accept. She then precedes to do my makeup (which usually means eyeliner ends up anywhere except my eyes) while I tell her about Mexico and Cinco de Mayo. So she's in the middle of my makeover when she tells me that she's going to make me look like a Mexican. This peaks my interest so I let her go with it. Then we have the following conversation:

Tori: "Oooo- you are looking just like a Mexican. It's beautiful!"
Me: (Knowing that she's now putting eyeliner circles on my cheeks) "Oh I'm so glad."
Tori: "Well, I don't actually know what a Mexican looks like but I think you look like one now."
Me: "Huh- ok." (As she draws an eyeliner cross across my nose)

So- needless to say it was one of the more interesting "makeovers" I've had. Promptly after finishing with me she moved on to her sister, brother, and eventually Jenn (my sister-in-law). Yep- we all got "Mexican-ized" for our Cinco de Mayo feast.

What can I say- the kid's a nut.


1 comment: