Monday, June 21, 2010

.... I Celebrated My Father

By highlighting his many admirable attributes as follows:

1. My dad is awesome. He's probably better than your dad.





2. Words. My dad is incredibly smart, especially when it comes to words. His favorite pastime is doing crossword puzzles or playing Scrabble. The highlight of my life (no joke) was when I actually taught my dad a word he didn't know. I thought I was in some alternate reality for a second.

3. Faces. That man is a face contortionist. No joke.


4. Shaped pancakes. He makes pancakes. In shapes. And I'm not just talking rudimentary shapes- I'm talking Eiffel Tower, train, dinosaur and princess shapes.


5. Humor. My dad has an awesome sense of humor which, thankfully, was passed onto my brothers and me. Some people may think we're rude to one another but what they don't realize is that if we're not making fun of you- we don't like you. So be happy we use sarcasm and wit to undermine your existence. And if you ever do get offended, you can blame my dad.

6. Hair. He has none. But once, many moons ago, he had more than me. Lots of luscious locks cascaded from his head down to his chin. He had a beard to challenge all beards. Yes- that man had hair once. Hope he enjoyed it.



7. Teaching. My dad is a teacher and he loves it. He's a great teacher with all the necessary qualities- patience, understanding, caring, and more patience. When I was in eighth grade he retired early from teaching and decided to home school me. (No- I was not a problem child.) It was fun and I loved spending that time with my dad. Even though I hated math and therefore hated him sometimes for making me learn it.

8. Love. Dad is full of love. He may not be extremely verbose, but you can tell by the things he does that he loves you. I know that no matter what I do my dad will always be there to help and support me, even when he thinks I'm making a mistake.

9. The Gospel. My dad loves the gospel. I always have such amazing gospel discussions with him. He is an incredible example of true righteousness. I admire him so much and am so grateful to him for instilling strong gospel principles in our family.

10. Goof. Overall, my dad's just a goof. He's silly, funny, unexpectedly spontaneous. Most people don't know that- he can seem pretty serious and quiet at first. It's all a ruse. He's hilarious and goofy once you get him going. I love it. And I love him.




My dad is pretty incredible. I must have been really good to deserve to be his daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment