Sunday, July 4, 2010

...I Decided to Revamp this Blog of Mine

So I suck at keeping a journal. Sad, but true. A lot of good memories have been lost because of this awful attribute of mine. Thus, I have decided to keep this blog as a sort of journal for me and those who are bored enough to keep reading it. How, you might ask, am I going to keep up on writing this blog when I cannot keep a journal? By forcing myself, that's how. Forcing myself by setting a theme for every day as follows:

Monday motions- this is where I will post about something I've done lately, all my recent adventures

Tuesday travels- I will write about where I've been, what I've seen and done, etc. throughout the world

Wednesday wonders- an homage to the people in my life, I will highlight someone and tell why I think they're stinkin' awesome (I admit the title for this day is kind of lame but I couldn't think of anything else applicable that started with 'W')
*Addendum: I have decided to expand this to people in general- those I know, those I simply observe (i.e. the crazy guy in a wheelchair who smokes a cigar on the side of the road every time I drive home from work), etc.

Thursday thoughts- my realizations about life in general

Friday finds- some of the cool things I find: websites, stores, books, etc.

Saturday secrets- things about me (not really secrets per se, but just random things about myself)

Sunday sentiments
- pretty self-explanatory, just good church-ish quotes or thoughts I have

And that brings us back to Monday. This may seem like an unrealistic undertaking, but I think it'll be interesting. And maybe one day when I'm old I can just give my grandkids a web address instead of volumes of journals in illegible handwriting. Ha!

P.S.- Just to clarify something you may be wondering at this moment- yes, I am completely ridiculous. And I kind of love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment