Sunday, August 1, 2010

10%

I love my religion. I definitely wouldn't be the person I am without it. Today in church we discussed tithing. Tithing is described as follows on the church's website, lds.org: The Bible indicates that God’s people followed the law of tithing anciently; through modern prophets, God restored this law once again to bless His children. To fulfill this commandment, Church members give one-tenth of their income to the Lord through His Church. These funds are used to build up the Church and further the work of the Lord throughout the world.

While tithing may seem like a huge sacrifice, I've always loved doing it. I know that so many incredible blessings are given by following this simple commandment. I've seen it in my life numerous times. I've always been blessed to have a good job, to be financially secure, and make ends meet even when it seems impossible. I admit that its hard at times- especially when funds may be a little tight- but the blessings I've received through paying tithing have always exceeded the sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment