Monday, July 26, 2010

...I Had a Birthday

Shout hooray! About a month ago I turned 23 and had a fantastic birthday weekend.


The festivities began with an amazing double date to an Indian restaurant my brother and sister-in-law took me to.



My date was pretty awesome and such a gentleman- he only sat on my lap and ate my food three times. I forgave him though when sang "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" to me and kissed me good night (which is more than I can say for some guys I've been out with).

Then my parents came into town and we celebrated my mom's birthday, my birthday, and Father's Day. We spent one afternoon in Boulder exploring Pearl Street, one of my favorite places. It's full of random, quirky shops and even more random, quirky people including this fun little trio whom I lovingly called "the Bluegrass Jonas Brothers"


The kids ended up having a blast after we found them a train ride to go on and a candy store full of every candy you can think of (candy buttons! wax lips! bubblegum cigarettes! don't worry- I didn't give those to the kids). We then had a big party for everyone complete with presents, cake, a delectable strawberry pie that I made because I'm awesome, jokes, barbecuing, insults, and face painting. You know- the usual. Please note my mother in the following picture. She is eating frosting with a spoon. Love it.

Best. Dad. Ever.

Don't be jealous that my mom is cooler than your mom.

Oh- and we taught my dad how to play Wii MarioKart. After teaching him, I promptly kicked his trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment