Monday, July 12, 2010

...Lizzie Turned Four

Happy Birthday to the Liz! She turned four yesterday so this last weekend was spent partying! Friday night was the family party (Whitmill side), Saturday afternoon was the friend party, and then Sunday was her actual birthday. Her party theme was Fancy Nancy- a children's book character who wants to make everything fancy. So naturally we had to have a super fancy cake:


It was so much fun to decorate! I loved it!

We read some Fancy Nancy books to the kids and made wands, purses, and flower pens. They had a blast.

We also gave them a little sparkle makeup to make them look extra fancy. Add in the feather boas and princess crowns and ta-da! Pure fanciness. It was a ton of fun helping with the party and playing with the kids. I'm totally having feather boas at my next birthday.











Of course Owen couldn't let the girls have all the fun! This little guy cracks me up.
I love my Liz so much. She's a pretty amazing little girl who makes me smile every day. I love to watch her learn and grow. She is probably one of the most stubborn, silly, and nicest kids I know. She tries so hard to make everyone around her happy- even if it means sharing her favorite toy or giving the last bite of candy to someone. She is constantly sharing with her siblings and trying to please them. It's honestly amazing to watch her.
Tori was having a pretty rough night tonight and was throwing a huge fit so I told her she could have what she wanted as soon as she calmed down. She is awful at stopping when she starts into a fit so it took her a while. Finally when I couldn't hear her crying anymore I peeked into the bedroom to see Lizzie sitting next to Tori and stroking her head. She was telling her that everything would be ok and that she just needed to calm down a little. It was so cute to see. Liz is amazing and I'm so glad I get to spend this summer with her!

1 comment:

  1. She could totally be yours! I still think you two look a lot alike. Thanks again for your help!!!

    ReplyDelete