Wednesday, July 28, 2010

....I Would Like to Thank

One Mr. R. Kirk Strong and the Brigham Young University Admissions Committee. Tonight I received a wonderful e-mail which enclosed my acceptance to BYU...again. So needless to say, these people are my favorite right now.

Confused? Thought you might be. So here's a little explanation: I graduated a year ago from BYU with a bachelors degree in Political Science. After graduation I moved to Salt Lake City and worked, played, and just enjoyed being done with school. I explored some different career options and found myself really wanting to teach. I always thought that I would teach elementary school, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that I wanted to go into secondary education. Just one little hitch- my lack of a teaching license. After more research into obtaining said license, I decided to go back to school at BYU and complete the social science secondary education teaching program. It took some work and a lot of stress, but I met with all the appropriate people, submitted my application, and prayed. I was a bit nervous because I had heard that BYU didn't admit post-bacc students often, but because I'm incredibly awesome I totally got back in. Ha! Yay for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment