Monday, July 5, 2010

(Monday Motions)...It was the Fourth of July

Yay for Independence Day! This Fourth of July was really fun and laid back. I'm usually in Las Vegas for the fourth, but being in Colorado was just as amazing. We started celebrating on Friday, July 3rd by running a 5k that morning (my first ever!) which was incredible. I actually really enjoyed it! Then Tom and Jenn invited their friends, the Rodericks, over for a barbecue that night. They have three adorable girls and we all had a blast with them. I made the traditional flag cake with all the kids and it was hilarious. More than a few little fingers made their way into the cake prematurely...


Sunday, the fourth, was spent going to church, teaching a primary class (I was so pumped to teach! Tori's teachers were out of town and they were desperate to find a sub), and eating dinner at Jenn's parent's house. I love Jenn's family- they're all amazing. Owen helped me make another cake for that crowd.

After dinner we decided to go see a local fireworks show. We were a little pessimistic about it since it had been raining that whole afternoon (I'm sorry- did I say 'raining'? I meant monsooning) but we decided to brave it anyway. And we were rewarded with an awesome fireworks show! I'm so glad we went- it was so fun to see all the kids watch the fireworks. They were champs even though they were cold and wet.

The festivities continued today (Tom and I had work off) with us going to the Cherry Creek Arts Festival this morning. I love love love things like that so it was a lot of fun for me. I love walking around and seeing all the different booths and artwork people can create. The kids made a few crafts and I got to introduce Tom and Jenn to Ten Thousand Villages- a store I absolutely love.
So, all in all, it was a wonderful Fourth of July weekend. I absolutely love being with my family and love that I have this time to spend with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment