Friday, July 20, 2012

A bridge, a castle, and a ballet

One of the most famous sites to see in Prague is Charles Bridge. I knew this not only because every travel book mentioned it, but because there were huge masses of people on and around the bridge when we went. It was nuts. Oh, and a scene from Mission: Impossible was filmed on that bridge so of course that makes it so much more important. I mean, who needs historical significance when you can have Tom Cruise?




(Tom Cruise- that's why I went.)

We also saw Prague Castle and its cathedral. The entrance gate to the castle was…interesting. It had these two huge statues of men clubbing and stabbing others- very inviting. The cathedral was cathedral-like: huge and ornate. (I think I saw too many cathedrals on this trip…)





Now to the ballet: we saw Don Quixote. Except as far as I could tell it had nothing to do with the actual story of Don Quixote. But it was quite humorous to watch a man dressed in armor try to ballet dance. It was also quite humorous to watch the two Asian ladies in the box across from us dressed up like dolls. I mean literally dressed up like dolls- pigtails and all.



No comments:

Post a Comment