Friday, July 20, 2012

Who needs a hotel when you have a botel?

That’s what we were asking ourselves as we traveled to our botel in Prague. Yes, you read correctly, a botel: boat hotel. Our last hotel in Prague was literally a boat and that question was answered as soon as we got to our rooms. We needed a hotel, we needed one bad. The botel was a fun idea but imagine a room on the river in awful humidity with no air conditioning. It makes for a very hot room full of bugs. Needless to say, we spent a lot of time in the city and only came back to sleep. Our last couple days in Prague were really fun and relaxing. It was nice to just walk around the city and go back to some of our favorite places.

It did have a great view though.


I honestly loved this trip. I am so grateful for my remarkable family members who were able to come and make it so special. I am constantly amazed at the blessing I have in my life to be able to travel and see the world. Traveling means so much to me; being in different places and cultures really helps me put things in perspective and prioritize my life. I learned a lot on this trip and will always be grateful for the memories and lessons from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment