Friday, July 20, 2012

My East Coast Adventure

I was fortunate enough to take a trip to Europe this summer with some family members. It was an incredible experience and a much needed vacation. We were flying out of New York’s JFK airport on Monday, June 25th so I thought it would be fun to take a mini trip before to Baltimore and D.C. to visit some friends. It was great! I am so grateful for the amazing friends I have who housed me and gave up their weekend to spend time with me.

I flew into Baltimore and spent the afternoon with one of my best friends, Sarah. We walked around the harbor, chatted about life (she’s pregnant!), and bought fake mustaches at a cute candy shop (these will make an appearance in a later post). It was really hot and humid- not a combination I’m a big fan of- so we decided to head to her house early and grab dinner on the way. Sarah and her husband Jeremy are some of my favorite people- they’re incredibly kind, loving, and super funny.






The next day I headed to D.C.

D.C. and I have a funny relationship. I’ve planned on moving there twice in the last three years and as soon as everything is set up, something holds me back. I don’t regret not going, but I do find the pattern funny. Being in D.C. was a great experience and I’m glad I had the opportunity to visit. I took the metro to the Congress building where I met up with my friend Sean. He works for Utah Congressman Matheson and was able to give me a tour of the building. It was great- I loved exploring the building and talking with Sean.

The metro.



He had to return to work after the tour so I walked around the city by myself for a while. I toured the Library of Congress (my favorite building), the Supreme Court building, Smithsonian Natural History Museum, and walked down Pennsylvania Ave to see the White House and Washington Monument. It was really fun to explore the city and get a feel for everything.

 Library of Congress.


 Supreme Court Building. 



I met up with Sean and we went to Ray’s Hell Burger for dinner with a couple of his friends. It was awesome! We drove around D.C. and saw a couple of the monuments that night- they are beautiful when lit up. We stopped at Old Ebbitt Grill, a restaurant near the White House where we enjoyed awesome desserts and great artwork… We also enjoyed Sean who, at this point, was obviously sleep deprived and very entertaining to watch.


 Yep, that's Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev chatting over some Ray's Hell Burgers.



No comments:

Post a Comment