Friday, July 20, 2012

Miscellaneous

There were a lot of other random things we did/saw in Europe that I haven't mentioned but are definitely note-worthy. They are (in no particular order):

 The Peterson children showing off the family assets. We're a classy bunch. 

 My green army man. I've been trying to find a worthy place to let him fly. The Alps almost made it but in the end, I just couldn't let him go.

 Chocolate Coke. This was at a restaurant in Prague and we had to try it. I regret that decision to this day- it was pretty nasty.

 Happy Birthday mustache for Jon!
(These were the mustaches I bought in Baltimore.)

Dad had to have one too since he was the sheriff in the card game we were playing on our train ride.
OH! That train ride was crazy. The weather was nuts and lightening hit the train twice, causing us to stop so someone could run outside and turn something (I couldn't understand what) back on.

 Kelsi was a decoy so we could get a shot of the best find of the day: Dobby the House elf as an old man.

 This is a radio/TV tower in Prague. Everyone thought it was ugly so they decided to make it artistic by adding black sculptures of babies crawling on the side. That totally made the eyesore better. Totally.
 This is Namesti Miru- the place we called home our first week in Prague.

The famous clock in Prague's Old Town Square. It would chime every hour and the little doors at the top would open and sculptures of the twelve apostles would go by and poke their heads out. Then a man in the tower would play a song on the trumpet for a while. It was really neat.

 This was on the gondola ride up the Alps. I really really really don't like heights (I actually heard that people aren't afraid of heights- they're actually afraid of falling. I don't care if it's true; I don't like either.) I was trying to be a good sport the whole 45-minute ride to the top but I was secretly freaking out inside.

 The most intense rainstorm I've ever seen was the night we stayed in Brno.

 Magnum bars are fantastic. The ones in America are less fantastic than the ones I've eaten abroad so don't be tricked by them!

 A large portion of my pictures from this trip look like this. I got so mad looking through them because I wouldn't realize that my iPhone camera would be set to face me instead of what I was looking at. I need to pay more attention...

These led up to the Black Tower. Normally this wouldn't be that big of a deal but when you have a broken foot it becomes a very large deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment