Friday, July 20, 2012

Journey to the Republic

We all breathed a huge sigh of relief when we set foot in Prague. Getting there for me, Jon, and Kelsi wasn’t difficult at all- we had all traveled to the East Coast a couple days before our departure so we arrived at JFK without a problem. My parents and Sam, however, were about thirty minutes from missing the flight. There were some complications with their connecting flight so when they finally got to our gate at JFK, my mom burst into tears because she was so terrified they weren't going to make it. The flight over was uneventful and my family slept quite a bit thanks to my sister-in-law’s stash of Ambien. I've decided to slip my family some Ambien every chance I get because they’re hilarious when on it. My brother Jon becomes super giggly- he sat in his seat and laughed for about fifteen minutes at nothing before falling asleep. My sister-in-law would wake up periodically but when I would try talking to her, she would get super confused and just stare at me. My mother fell asleep but woke up for dinner. Well, kind of woke up for dinner. She fell back asleep while lifting her fork to her mouth. It was great.

We finally got to Prague, got on the metro and arrived at our apartment. Jon, mom, and I went out and got some food at a few little shops in the neighborhood and we settled in for the afternoon. That evening we went out into the city and explored New Town Square.


 The Powder Tower where gun powder was stored.

 Prague!

 New Town Square




The metros were pretty deep underground so the escalators were super long.

No comments:

Post a Comment