Friday, July 20, 2012

"There Are No Kangaroos in Austria"

That was the saying on a shirt I saw in Innsbruck, Austria and I would like to announce that there are, in fact, no kangaroos in Austria. At least none that I saw. 


I did see a lot of cows though.



 And waterfalls, 


and glaciers,




and rain,



and castles.




I really enjoyed the Czech Republic but I absolutely loved Austria. We stayed in the Stubai Valley in a tiny town called Milders. Our house was made entirely of wood from around the valley and was very modern and eco-friendly. 





We spent most of our time driving around the valley and hiking throughout the Alps. We hiked to waterfalls and castle ruins. We took a lift to the top of one of the mountains and touched huge glaciers. We sang “The Hills are Alive” from The Sound of Music in legit Austrian fields. Ok, not really- just my mom did that. We got rained on, hailed on, and spied on. Being in Austria was remarkable and by the end of our week there, I was calling it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment